Re: [O] Key binding popup interface

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [O] Key binding popup interface
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:25:34 -0500

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 6:51 PM Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:

​One limitation of hydra right now is that it doesn't interface with the standard way of showing help for key bindings since its keys aren't actually bound but handled via internal hydra event handling.  With a bit of thought though, I think it could be integrated well.

I don't follow what the functional limitations are of what you said. How does your concern affect a package author or the end user?

​C-h k shows the documentation for a key binding in a help buffer rather
than just a laid out summary of all the keys in a particular hydra map.
C-h k is important to know the details of what individual keys do, so
hydra needs a way of integrating with standard key documentation lookup
capabilities if it gets integrated with core Emacs, which I would like to see.

Personally, I also think the red, blue, etc. color notation should change to
something more descriptive of what they do and then the particular colors
associated could be customized to suit any particular visual theme.

Bob