Re: [O] DEADLINE ignored?

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: [O] DEADLINE ignored?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:59:24 +0100

Am 04.09.2017 um 12:21 schrieb Eric S Fraga:
On Monday,  4 Sep 2017 at 12:08, Pdj wrote:
Hello, I am observing this (funky?) behavior:
in the agenda, the deadline seems to be identified only if it
immediately follows the headline, and it is ignored otherwise.
Am I missing something?   Thank you, Paolo.

You are not missing something.  As the manual says:

     A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate
     planning.  Both the timestamp and the keyword have to be positioned
     immediately after the task they refer to.

I guess immediately means not even a blank line.

Hi,

it looks like

* TODO task
DEADLINE: <2017-12-14 Do>
SCHEDULED: <2017-12-14 Do>

will find the DEADLINE and SCHEDULE timestamp and display correctly in the
agenda while

* TODO task
SCHEDULED: <2017-12-14 Do>
DEADLINE: <2017-12-14 Do>

will still find the SCHEDULED tinestamp but no more the DEADLINE.
I had this sequence in my org templates in the past and had no issues as far as
I remember.
Has this behaviour changed?

Freshly creating a new SCHEDULED and DEADLINED timestamp results in the
structure below.
Do all tasks now need to have both items in the same line like here:

* TODO task
SCHEDULED: <2017-12-14 Do> DEADLINE: <2017-12-14 Do>

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

Org mode version 9.1.4 (release_9.1.4-206-g4b80c6.dirty ..