Re: [O] Poll: new keybinding for org-insert-structure-template?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Poll: new keybinding for org-insert-structure-template?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:40:25 -0800

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 6:23 AM Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> The only way it’s "bad" is in the sense it limits the flexibility of
>>> snippets, like "<s".  As you point out, if I add "<sr" as an "src R" block
>>> I can no longer have "<s" as plain "src" block.

I don't see any way around that. Any system that allows string keys of
arbitrary length is going to run into that problem.

>> May be have "<ss" insert plain source block, "<ee", plain export block?
>
> I wouldn’t really like that.
>
>> I missed this in the original conversation, but in the cases where plain
>> source/export blocks are inserted, does the point move to where the
>> language/backend needs to be typed?
>
> When using Org Tempo an extra space is always inserted.  It probably
> should only do it with blocks that support arguments, actually.  ATM I
> don’t think spaces are inserted when using
> ‘org-insert-structure-template’, but I they’ll probably be consistent
> eventually.

I think the idea was that for src and export blocks, where you're likely
to be adding additional parameters, point is moved to the end of the
#+begin line. Actually I think that's what happens now.