Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 19:05:31 -0500

Hello,

On December 19, 2017 6:11:21 PM EST, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> As Thomas mentioned I had originally written the exporter.
>
>I know. You are credited as the author of ox-texinfo.el. Did I mention
>otherwise?

It had partially sounded like you were saying both the backend and the work on
manual.org were his. Might just have been a misinterpretation though.

>> I'd done my best to get it to work with the majority of the org.texi
>> however there were certain features that did not seem to be present
>at
>> the time in Org (or at least no convenient method to simulate them
>> without macros).
>
>Just to prevent miscommunication, I wasn't criticizing your work when
>I wrote I had improved the back-end.

I didn’t take it as criticism, when I’d started working on it the new export
engine was still in it’s infancy and a lot of the work you’ve done to improve
performance and parsing hadn’t occurred yet.  I’m glad it was complete enough
to let Thomas start his work and give you a basis for improving to allow for a
full manual.

--
Jonathan