Re: [O] Bug: Editing src blocks: user-error: Cannot modify an area being

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Editing src blocks: user-error: Cannot modify an area being edited in a dedicated buffer [9.1.4 (9.1.4-2-g118753-elpaplus @ /home/paul/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20171211/)]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 18:24:38 +0800

@Paul Do you have similar config? I use it to enable flycheck in editing temp src buffer.

(defadvice org-edit-src-code (around set-buffer-file-name activate compile)
  (let ((file-name (buffer-file-name)))
    ad-do-it
    (setq buffer-file-name file-name)))

On 12/22/2017 06:39 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

Turns out that the issue was caused by trying to disable a flycheck checker using the org edit src hook

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 6:30 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Paul Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> Using ~C-c '~ to edit a src block works as expected, but if I make
> changes and use ~C-c '~ again, I get the error ~Cannot modify an area
> being edited in a dedicated buffer~

I need more information. Where do you make changes? In the newly created
buffer? Where do you call ~C-c '~?

For example, I created the following buffer

    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (+ 1 2)
    #+end_src

moved on the source block, used C-c '. Then, in the new buffer,
I replaced 2 with 3 and pressed C-c ' again, without any error?

IOW, could you provide a precise recipe demonstrating the issue?

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou