Re: [O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositorie

From: Allen Li
Subject: Re: [O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:50:03 -0800

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am 29.12.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Bastien Guerry:
>>> Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
>>> the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.
>>
>> It's water under the bridge now, but if there had been a discussion
>> here we might have converged to a different solution.
>
> Yes, I should have raised the issue on the list to see if people would
> come up with preferrable solutions, apologies for that.
>
> But I had very little time and the clock was ticking.
>
> Since I wasn't sure I could follow a potentially long discussion with
> many suggestions, and since the solution I envisioned does not impact
> regular users, I thought it was best to *just do it*.
>
> Nothing is irreversible, my time is gone anyway.
>
> So if you want to open a discussion on better hosting plans and if you
> or someone else is willing to handle the migration and to maintain the
> server afterwards, we can of course discuss this.

It sounds like we already have a solution, so I don't suggest anyone
spend more time on this since I am sure there are lots of bugs that
would be worth fixing.

I don’t want to blame anyone, just to clarify the state of affairs.  It
looks like Rackspace failed to communicate properly and on short notice.
People simply make mistakes, including myself, so I don’t think pointing
fingers is productive.