[O] Incorrect references to LaTeX Listings

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] Incorrect references to LaTeX Listings
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 18:58:37 +0800

I have several org documents containing source code listings, with references
such as the following:

```
* Section
#+name: codeblock
#+caption: Hello, world.
#+BEGIN_SRC C
// Hello, world
#+END_SRC

Reference to [[codeblock]].
```

I've been doing this for years, never had any problem.

Today, I get the following sort of LaTeX export (assuming the Listings package):

```
\section{Section}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}
\lstset{language=C,label=codeblock,caption={Hello,
world.},captionpos=b,numbers=none}
\begin{lstlisting}
// Hello, world
\end{lstlisting}

Reference to \ref{orgsrcblock1}.
```

Well, there is no label orgsrcblock1, so the exported document shows "??"
instead of a listing number.

I checked the manual to see if any of the syntax had changed, but I don't see
any. I also tried doing

#+CAPTION:
#+NAME:
#+BEGIN_SRC

... but no difference -- I still get the wrong reference in the text.

So, how do I make source block references work the way they used to? Rather
critical for me -- this is one of /the/ main reasons why I prefer to write in
org and export LaTeX.

org 8.3.3 -- I'm using the packages provided by Ubuntu 16.04. (I realize distro
packages are usually behind, but I wouldn't have expected a seriously broken
org version to make it into package repositories, especially for a feature
whose malfunction would not be tolerated by the technical writers in org's user
base. So I suspect there must be some configuration issue, rather than a bug.)

hjh