Re: [O] Bug: Broken orgmode.org links in doc/misc/org.texi and lisp/org

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Broken orgmode.org links in doc/misc/org.texi and lisp/org
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 00:31:38 +0000

Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> […]

> Thank you! However, these patches do not seem to apply cleanly on maint
> tip. Could you rebase them against maint HEAD and send them again?

> […]

I have attached the patches rebased on maint, with
TINYCHANGE.  (I've switched patches #4 and #5 as #4 is
easier to review than #5.)

Patch #1 updates only URLs from http to https that I consid-
er "uncontroversial".

Patch #2 makes some links to the manual and external URLs in
docstrings clickable.

Patch #3 updates URLs from http to https in old entries of
etc/ORG-NEWS.  There is an argument for keeping them as is,
and I have no strong opinion on that.

Patch #4 just adds a trailing slash to two links to
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel.

Patch #5 updates URLs from http to https in source code and
test cases.  These need to be reviewed more carefully, espe-
cially as there probably should remain some test cases for
http URLs.  (I get a test failure for
test-org/timestamp-from-time, but AFAICT this is unrelated.)

Tim