Re: [O] Make tag inheritance explicit

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Make tag inheritance explicit
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:17:39 +0100

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

Is it possible to lookup inherited tags and add them explicitly to
the current heading?

Example:

* Project        :ProjectX:
** Sub-Project   :@Joe:
*** Task 1
*** Task 2

When I go to "Task 1" (or 2), I want to invoke a command which
"copies" the tags ProjectX and @Joe to the heading of the task.

Background: Org-mode has perfect tag inheritance but unfortunately
the export methods I am using do export the tags only to the
headings they are assigned to and not to their sub-headings via
inheritance. So copying the inherited tags would be a viable
workaround to me.

I guess this then should happen optionally during export.  Doing this in the buffer itself makes much less sense.

Carsten

Thanks!

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/