[O] Bug: Option :session cripples the Results output by adding ">" sign

From: msj
Subject: [O] Bug: Option :session cripples the Results output by adding ">" sign
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 23:35:37 +0100

When I attempt to work with shell source blocks in session mode
(:session argument) I'm receiving in RESULTS block an unwanted sign
(probably line continuation sign) in multi line commands like 'for'
loop.

---- How it works at the moment ---

#+BEGIN_SRC sh :session test
for i in `seq 1 5`;do
   echo $i
   echo
done
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| > | > | > | 1 |
|   |   |   |   |
| 2 |   |   |   |
|   |   |   |   |
| 3 |   |   |   |
|   |   |   |   |
| 4 |   |   |   |
|   |   |   |   |
| 5 |   |   |   |

--- code evaluation taken from 'test' buffer ---

for i in `seq 1 5`;do
$    echo $i
> >    echo
> done
1

2

3

4

5

$ echo 'org_babel_sh_eoe'
org_babel_sh_eoe
$

--- Expected behavior (for this case adding a sign is omitted by
running the loop in one line mode ---

#+BEGIN_SRC bash :session test7
  for i in $(seq 1 5);do echo "hello"; done
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| hello |
| hello |
| hello |
| hello |
| hello |

Some further troubleshooting revealed that by exporting PS2 to an empty
string this behavior can be temporarily suppressed.

Regards,
Peter

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.22.26)
 of 2017-12-16
Package: Org mode version 9.1.6 (9.1.6-16-g86a382-elpaplus @
/home/cqs/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180115/)