Re: [O] iCal export & skipping entries

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] iCal export & skipping entries
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 19:21:53 +0100

Hi,

Following up on this, I've been looking in the source code. It seems that both
:noexport: tags and ~org-icalendar-exclude-tags~ should be excluded from export
according to ox-icalendar.el:
https://github.com/emacsmirror/org/blob/master/lisp/ox-icalendar.el#L77
And more on line 258

However, with "emacs -Q" and then evaluating these settings:

(setq org-icalendar-include-todo "all")
(setq org-icalendar-use-deadline '(event-if-todo event-if-not-todo todo-due))
(setq org-icalendar-use-scheduled '(event-if-todo event-if-not-todo todo-start))
(org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files)
(setq org-icalendar-exclude-tags "noicalexport")

And then this simple Org file:

* Foo                                   :noexport:noicalexport:
  SCHEDULED: <2018-01-24 Wed>

And then exporting with C-e c f it creates an ics file with

CATEGORIES:noicalexport,noexport,???

instead of skipping the entry.

   -k.