Re: [O] Ad-hoc, mix-and-match tag hierarchies?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Ad-hoc, mix-and-match tag hierarchies?
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 15:36:55 +0000

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:30 AM John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
I was not aware of any implied hierarchy with tags. The order is not important as far as I know, and what you describe as mix-and-match seems ok. There is an idea of inheritance, e.g. sub-headings can inherit tags from higher headings.

Same here.

I am not sure about the org-mode tag.

"-" is an invalid tag character.. the tag can be "org_mode", but not "org-mode". Last time I tried using hyphen, I remember that the tag auto-alignment would stop working (C-u C-c C-q) and also the tag face won't be applied.

@Lawrence:

You can have tag inheritance this way:

* Emacs :emacs:
Emacs stuff