[O] Understand the source of "Unable to resolve link"

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Understand the source of "Unable to resolve link"
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 15:58:15 +0000

Hello,

A user needs to support having gopher links in Org document:

 [[gopher://some.gopher.site][Dummy gopher link]]

But the export fails saying that it's unable to resolve the link.

The behavior can be easily recreated by exporting a document containing that dummy link using C-c C-e h H.

I added "gopher" to the org-html-link function, but that obviously didn't help.

I traced the error to org-export-data in ox.el, but I cannot edebug that function; I get:

    edebug-syntax-error: Invalid read syntax: "Failed matching", (&rest (&define name (&rest arg) cl-declarations-or-string def-body))

(I'll open an emacs bug for that.)

So what needs to be fixed in ox.el (or elsewhere?) so that gopher: protocol links are allowed?

Thanks.
--

Kaushal Modi