Re: [O] Insert timestamp other than DEADLINE: or SCHEDULED: for heading

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] Insert timestamp other than DEADLINE: or SCHEDULED: for heading
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 20:39:26 -0500

Hello,

On 02/06/18 11:16, Tyler Smith wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to take full advantage of scheduling, deadlines and timestamps for
my TODO lists.  It's easy to add deadlines and schedule times via `C-c C-s` and
`C-c C-d`. However,  if I want to set a time for a meeting, I should be using a
regular timestamp, rather than a SCHEDULE: property. There doesn't seem to be a
way to do this automatically.

I know I can enter a timestamp with `C-c .`, but that just inserts it at point,
regardless of where point is with respect to the headline, logbook, property
drawers etc. Is there a function I could use to do the equivalent of `C-c C-s`,
i.e., jump back to the headline, move past any property drawers, and insert a
timestamp at the beginning of a line, and then return me to where I started?

I looked at `org--deadline-or-schedule`, but there's a lot going on in there,
and my naive hacking quickly broke it.

Not quite sure if I understand your question but it seems as if you want to "SCHEDULE" a meeting for a date and time using C-c C-s

Using that key combination after a TODO I usually enter the date then a space then the time. Also you may enter a duration such as 08:00+2

HTH.

Charlie Millar