Re: [O] make svg files open in inkscape?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] make svg files open in inkscape?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:35:00 -0800

Sorry, premature send...
I previously wrote this solution: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/38345/open-an-external-sketch-drawing-application

to make svg links open in inkscape, even if they don't already exist.

It turns out inkscape does not let you create files in a command line.

I wanted to try using org-file-apps for this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun my-svg (path link)

  (message "path: %s - %s" path link))

(add-to-list 'org-file-apps '("\\.svg\\'" . my-svg))
#+END_SRC

my-svg would eventually create a template file if the file doesn't exist, but in this form it doesn't work for files that don't exist yet.

Is it expected that the files exist for file:some-file.svg when you click on them?

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering