Re: [O] orgmode beamer mode: BMCO does not export to latex any longer: =

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode beamer mode: BMCO does not export to latex any longer: ===> suspect identified: (ox-extras-activate '(ignore-headlines))
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:38:41 +0100

Hi,

one week ago I reported that export to latex/beamer refuses to export,
and the reason where it did not do it was, according to my email

                    BMCOL

(slides that contained that derailed the export terminally).

In the meantime, I found one line that, when removed, solves the
problem. In that sense, one might say, it's not BMCOL which is the
problem but the the combination. The problematic ``feature interaction''
is with the package

                   (require 'ox-extra)

which in itself does not cause the damage, but if I add

                   (ox-extras-activate '(ignore-headlines))

then that kills the export.  Note: there had been a time when that still
worked.

PS: I tested it on the very latest git-pull (org-mode-version 9.1.6) and
emacs-24.3.1 (but I had similar problems for emacs-25, only that I did
not veryfy that it's the same line with ``ox-extra'' that causes the
trouble, but it's more than plausible).