Re: [O] mailto link for the #+email keyword: Suppressing backslash and b

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] mailto link for the #+email keyword: Suppressing backslash and braces "escaping" for latex exports
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:55:18 -0800

I posted this on your stack exchange question:

#+latex_class: report
#+latex_header: \author{Some user \thanks{\href{mailto:address@hidden}{address@hidden}}}

That is basically what ox-latex expands those keywords into.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 10:01 AM, H. Dieter Wilhelm <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear orgers,

I'd like to have a clickable mailto link in a latex pdf export (of a
report) for the #+email:-keyword's content.

I assume this is not achievable with latex commands, for example

   #+email: \href{mailto:address@hidden}{address@hidden}

because org escapes here backslashes and the braces:

  $\backslash$href\{mailto:address@hiddencom\}\{address@hidden\}

Is it possible to suppress this escaping or what mechanism to achieve a
clickable mailto link would you suggest?

Thank you very much

        Dieter

PS: Already asked this on stackexchange:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/39058/8979

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm