Re: [O] question on org-element-interpret-data and when it works

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] question on org-element-interpret-data and when it works
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 14:39:07 +0100

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have defined these two constants in org-dp.el to work around this
>> discrepancy (and to know which elements do not have interpreted content
>> at all):
>>
>> ,----
>> | (defconst org-dp-no-content-elems
>> |   (list 'babel-call 'clock 'comment 'comment-block 'diary-sexp
>> |    'example-block 'fixed-width 'horizontal-rule 'keyword
>> |    'latex-environment 'node-property 'planning 'src-block)
>> |   "List of Org elements without interpreted .")
>> |
>> | (defconst org-dp-value-blocks
>> |   (list 'comment-block 'example-block 'src-block)
>> |   "List of Org block that have a :value instead of contents.")
>> `----
>
> I don't understand where you think there is a discrepancy here.

You used the word 'discrepancy', I simply needed to know for each org
element what is interpreted and what not. And some have a content,
others a :value. So if I pass 'Hello World' as content to an example
block, nothing happens, if I pass it via :value, it appears as the
blocks ... well, content.

This is no critique, and no problem, and please don't change it (since
it would be a breaking change in this context).

With the org-dp tempo-templates, its no problem for org-dp users either,
since these are smart: they offer you a content arg (cont) to fill, if
it makes sense, they hide it, if not. And for some block types they
offer the :value parameter, since it is interpreted.

So I don't see any problem, just something an org-dp user probably
should be aware of.

--
cheers,
Thorsten