Re: [O] how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 18:46:26 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > Wow, emacs 27 ... I'm on Archlinux and always thought packages a
>    > pretty
>    > up-to-date.
>
> Right Ubuntu officially only ships 24, which is pretty old.
>
> Well it is directly form git master, so it is a pre release.
> The official release is 26.

Then Archlinux is not that much out of date.

>    > Maybe outline has changed somehow between Emacs 25 and Emacs 27?
>    > But I don't think so, the error you send is pretty typical for
>    > incomplete configuration.
>
> I think at the weekend, I will debug the problem. It might be that there
> some parts of my init file which are in conflict with your package.

A good start would be to try outshine with emacs-lisp mode.
With your outshine config done, write a file like foo.el

,----
| ;;; 1st level header
| ;;;; Sum
| (+ 1 1)
| ;;;; Subtract
| (- 2 1)
`----

or

,----
| ;; * 1st level header
| ;; ** Sum
| (+ 1 1)
| ;; ** Subtract
| (- 2 1)
`----

and see if you got headline fontification and all the outshine
functionality.

If that works, its a message-mode problem.
If not, a genereal problem with your config.

> [...]
> BTW, you recommended
>   (require 'outorg-export)
>
> I installed your package via the package system, so I don't see that
> file. Where can I obtain it from?

It's an extension to outorg:

,----
| ;;; outorg-export.el -- Automated exporting through org
|
| ;; Author: Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin AT gmail DOT com
| ;; Version: 0.1
|
| ;;;; MetaData
| ;; :PROPERTIES:
| ;; :copyright: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
| ;; :copyright-years: 2014+
| ;; :version:  0.3
| ;; :licence:  GPLv3 or later
| ;; :licence-url: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
| ;; :part-of-emacs: no
| ;; :author:   Jonathan Leech-Pepin
| ;; :author_email: jonathan.leechpepin AT gmail DOT com
| ;; :keywords: emacs org-mode export
| ;; :END:
`----

This is the README

,----
| outorg-export
|
| Automated exporting of sections of source files to any format org can export
to.
`----

--
cheers,