Re: [O] Structured links to headings with endless depth

From: ST
Subject: Re: [O] Structured links to headings with endless depth
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 14:43:03 +0200

PS: It doesn't have to be Bible. Links in form of citations, like
[[MyBook:Chapter 1:Section 5:Subsection 3]]

Is quite useful in general. Where

#+LINK: MyBook path/to/MyBook.org::*%s

It is both readable as raw text and clickable.

Maybe it will be a good idea to be able to also add a <<target>> at the
end of the tree, like:

[[MyBook:Chapter 1:Section 5:Subsection 3:target]]

* Chapter 1
** Section 5
*** Subsection 3
<<target>>

-----------------------------

Adding an extra <<target>> is not an option, as it will make the text
less readable, and there is no need in this, as the headings tree
structure is already there:

* 1
** 1
** 2
*** 1

Why should I turn it into the following

* 1
** 1
** 2
*** 1
<<1>>

and then link with [[file:1]]?!... This both:
a) adds unnecessary information into the text making it less readable
b) those who read the org file as simple text without the ability to
click the link will not know where it goes... while the link
[[file:1:2:1]] makes it quite clear even without clicking it.

Example use case: scriptures with well known structure, e.g. the Bible.