Re: [O] Regression in #+include behavior [master]

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Regression in #+include behavior [master]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 08:53:21 +0100

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Though I didn't understand why it failed when exporting from the large
> file, but not when moving the relevant subtrees (where the #+include was
> called, and the included) to a separate file..

The code was fixing links in the whole document, not only in the subtree
you were including.

The problem lay somewhere else in the file, in the "* Hey! I have a link
[[https://example.org][here]] (Awesome!)" headline. There,
`org-element-context' needed to check the headline, by (looking-at
org-complex-heading-regexp). However, since the changes were happening
in Fundamental mode, the regexp was not set. Hence the error.

So, the fix implements the following changes:
- only modify links withing the included part of the document,
- do not modify anything if includer and includee both live in the same
  directory,
- switch to Org mode before proceeding with changes.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou