Re: [O] emacs , windows, gpg, org-crypt

From: hymie!
Subject: Re: [O] emacs , windows, gpg, org-crypt
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 16:17:16 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you!!!!!  Your suggestion led me to the answer.

  Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden>, who said:

> On 29 March 2018 at 09:59, hymie! <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I set this all up years ago, I just got a new computer, I'm not an expert
>> with Windows, and I've been unable to find my problem with Google.
>>
>> I have Windows 10, I have emacs, I have Org 9.0.3 (yes, I need to update),
>> and I have GPG4Win.  I have entries in my .emacs file:

I missed the most important entry in my .emacs file:
  (setq exec-path '("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\GNU\\GnuPG"))

The file path has changed on my new computer
  (setq exec-path '("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\GnuPG\\bin"))

and now gpg.exe is in emacs's local exec-path.

> I'd take a look at ~C-h v -gpg TAB~ -> possible suggestion is
> epg-gpg-program which points to "gpg" by default.

This was the variable I couldn't figure out.  TIL that you can tab-complete
in the middle of a variable too.

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden