Re: [O] Scheduling and calendar-day-of-week

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Scheduling and calendar-day-of-week
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 10:16:36 -0400

Cecil Westerhof <address@hidden> writes:

> There is something I want to do on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So I tried:
> *** TODO Monday, Wednesday and Friday
>     SCHEDULED: <%%(memq (calendar-day-of-week date) '(1 3 5))>
>
> This seems to work: I see the activity on the correct days.
> But then I changed today's entry to DONE. But then all are gone in my agenda
> view.
> What I want is for today's item to be 'gone' and the future ones still
> displayed as TODO. Is that possible?
>
> --
> Cecil Westerhof

My impression is that calendar sexp entries don't play well with the
rest of org-mode: most of the code does not understand them, so you
end up with situations like the above.

IMO, you are better off creating separate entries for MWF. You might
want to look into `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift' to create them
efficiently.

--
Nick