Re: [O] [BUG] Org manual without correct org-version

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Org manual without correct org-version
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:40:10 +0200

Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought that for software versions 9.1 < 9.1.9 and means that 9.1
> preceding the 9.1.9.

We are not talking about software version but manual version.

> And first thing that comes to my mind about recent
> changes is a "template" system, there was '<s' and etc now it is 'C-c
> C-,'. The '9.1' version (org from git) has 'Structure Templates' while
> '9.1.9' version (org shipped with Emacs) doesn't have that section.

If you use Org from git master's branch (aka development branch), you
should know that it is, for the time being, akin to Org 9.2-alpha.
There, I suggest to use "org-manual.org" instead of Org info manual,
which is bound to be outdated.

If you use Org from maint branch, there is no such problem: the 9.1
manual is accurate.

> I prefer search for information in most recent docs than in "out-dated"
> (see example with 'Structure Templates' above). So simple check of
> version would help to find out what document is 'fresh' enough.

Again, this has nothing to do with manual version. See above.