Re: [O] Error handling in org-make-link-string

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [O] Error handling in org-make-link-string
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 06:54:23 -1000

Aloha,

Either of your suggested solutions would work, of course, and limit
effects to org-xxx-copy-for-org-mode. I didn't go that way because I
didn't want to have to continually modify the core product on my own
:)

The idea of

(if (org-string-nw-p link-location

etc. may be best because we can have a guaranteed nil on a bad link,
rather than ignore-errors which (I think?) may have a different
return. I didn't put an error message in my 'advice' workaround but it
would be a good idea.

Regards,

Bob

--