Re: [O] Bug: Weird interaction between ox-extra and include :minlevel

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Weird interaction between ox-extra and include :minlevel
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 09:44:48 +0200

Hello,

Daniel P Gomez <address@hidden> writes:

> I was thinking of #+ignore_tags. as an analog of #+exclude_tags. While
> #+exclude_tags removes a complete subtree from export, #+ignore_tags
> would only ignore headlines and insert the contents.

You may want to read the discussions about this feature on the ML.

I think "only" is not accurate. To make it clear, what would become the
following documents:

* H

Text

** H2 :ignore:

Text 2

*** H3

and

Text 0

* H :ignore:

Text

** H2

Text 2

but also

- item
* H :ignore:
- new list?

and the following convoluted one

#+begin_example

Something

* H :ignore:

Somethin else
#+end_example

> When used in combination, subtree would be excluded no matter what.
>
> #+IGNORE_TAGS: ignore bar
> #+EXLUDE_TAGS: noexport foo

I'm not sure to understand this.

> The idea of ignore_tags, for me, would to allow grouping content
> within the Org file in a manner that differs from the grouping of
> content upon export - without having to resort to filter-hooks. Not
> that hooks are bad, but they are harder to construct without proper
> elisp skills and require knowledge about the Org API.

The manual gives one example of one such hook, see (info "(org) Advanced
configuration"). There, the filter /only/ removes headlines.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou