Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetas

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetasks in agenda views]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:47:46 +0000

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 5:35 PM Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

Would there be any consideration for an inline syntax that looks more
like a link? Personally, when I want inline TODOs, I want them because
there's a particular chunk of text that I need to do something with.
What about something that looks like:

In 2005 there were approximately [[TODO: Verify this; SCHEDULED:
<tomorrow>; :statistics:][4,500]] Confucius Institutes in operation
worldwide.

How would you distinguish between regular links and such inline TODO's when the "link" portion is hidden?

Would footnotes serve better? (I'm not a consumer of inline todos (yet?) so consider this suggestion with a grain of salt :))

=====
some text[todo:1]

* Inline TODOs (special heading like Footnotes)
[todo:1]: My todo
=====
--

Kaushal Modi