Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetas

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetasks in agenda views]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 01:34:39 +0200

Hi Nicolas and Carsten,

> Either we keep it as the hack, or use the limitation you
> mention and get rid of the END line.

I think getting rid of the END line goes in the right direction...

> But I am not sure it is really with the trouble to replace a bad
> hack with a slightly better hack.

... but I'm definily not sure neither.

I'd favor a solution where inline tasks are really simple:

0. Prevent cycling for tasks with a high number of stars
   ("high" being defined by the user as an option).

1. Allow TODO keywords, priority, tags, SCHEDULED and DEADLINE
   but nothing else.

2. Archiving and refiling DTRT.

3. ... and we move org-inlinetask.el outside of Org's core.

******************** is really too much clutter and we can simplify
things by saying "more than X stars are going to be inline tasks by
default".

WDYT?

--
 Bastien