Re: [O] [ANN] OrgStruct is dead. Long live Orgalist.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] OrgStruct is dead. Long live Orgalist.
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 01:34:40 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

orgalist.el works great for me, thanks for writing it.

Just out of curiosity, did you consider make this a minor more from
within org-list.el (e.g. `org-list-mode')?

> As stated before, IMO, the only viable use for contrib/ is to be
> used as an incubator for inclusion in Org.

For now this is what contrib/ is meant to be, but I would not even
use it like this today.

code.orgmode.org aims at beginning the place to share Org related
code, whether it is a contributed package or something to be later
included in Org's core.

> Packages in contrib/ should be stored somewhere else, it could even
> be in an Org ELPA.

For now we removed some files one by one, leaving to the authors
the choice of where the code should live -- Github or elsewhere.

As for orgalist.el: does it live somewhere outside of this list?

If not, I suggest adding it on GNU ELPA or creating a repository
on code.orgmode.org.

We need to do this before Org 9.2 to be able to show users an
alternative - we cannot just let them now it has been deleted.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien