Re: [O] inherit priority

From: Jesse Johnson
Subject: Re: [O] inherit priority
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:34:18 -0700

On 04/26/2018 04:34 PM, Bastien wrote:
There have been several requests for priority inheritance over the
years. If it can't currently be done, I am willing to take a look at
implementing it.
Did you make progress on this?

Crazy timing! I've been testing my implementation for a few months, made some big adjustments a couple weeks ago and plan to submit a patch this weekend.

FWIW I'm not convinced it is worth implementing priority inheritance,
and like Nicolas, I don't remember any request for this (but my memory
can be wrong here).

Well, I asked for it, so there's at least one person asked for it! Very tedious busy-body work setting priority on dozens of subtasks when they all share the same priority as their parent task. Will save me hours of effort over the course of a year. I'm surprised it wasn't already implemented.

FWIW, I found a few requests for this feature while searching for a solution. However I implemented it because it's useful to me, not because anyone asked me to.

Jesse