Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetas

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetasks in agenda views]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 08:27:46 +0100

On Friday, 27 Apr 2018 at 01:34, Bastien wrote:

[...]

> I'd favor a solution where inline tasks are really simple:
>
> 0. Prevent cycling for tasks with a high number of stars
>    ("high" being defined by the user as an option).
>
> 1. Allow TODO keywords, priority, tags, SCHEDULED and DEADLINE
>    but nothing else.
>
> 2. Archiving and refiling DTRT.
>
> 3. ... and we move org-inlinetask.el outside of Org's core.
>
> ******************** is really too much clutter and we can simplify
> things by saying "more than X stars are going to be inline tasks by
> default".

I agree with all of the above, as somebody who uses inline tasks all the
time.  I would prefer the syntax to be very simple and would find, for
instance, a line starting with optional whitespace and "! " as a task
marker, akin to comments.  Nicolas proposed !! but I see no need for
more than one...

Using *s seems confusing as they are intended for headlines.  From a
font lock point of view, I would have thought that ! at the start of the
line would be easier as well.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-474-g92785f