Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:01:44 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Again, I may be wrong in thinking disabling this will cause trouble to
> many users.  Let's just take a moment to see what users think.

It will case trouble during the time necessary to read ORG-NEWS
incompatible changes section or ask the mailing list, and then adding
(require 'org-tempo) to their configuration file.

It seems nonsensical to let Org handle expansion templates. Dedicated
packages do it way better than what we provide, and the task is really
out of our scope.

Worse, we would provide two different ways to expand blocks /by
default/.

Dying a little,