Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 22:56:12 +0200

Hi Thomas,

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> Would it be difficult to add an ORG-NEWS option to the Documentation
> section of the Org drop-down menu?  It's an interesting document.

Yes, I see why this how this could be useful, but there are problems:

- ORG-NEWS is not in the ELPA and ELPAPLUS package for now;

- Do we want the whole ORG-NEWS or just the first section?

- We could point to several web pages instead of the file:
  https://orgmode.org/Changes.html
  https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/etc/ORG-NEWS

... I'm not sure what direction is best.  Ideas welcome!

> Re: org tempo.  I really appreciate all the work done to preserve
> backward compatibility with the expansion mechanism.  I use Org for
> almost all my work nowadays and I hate to put my other work on hold to
> re-implement some Org mode functionality that I rely on.
>
> That said, I didn't find the addition of (require org-tempo) to my
> configuration onerous.  I admire the kind of thinking that simplifies
> in order to make complexity possible.  Keep it up!

Thanks for your feedback,

--
 Bastien