Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:39:37 -0400

Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:

[Snip]

Personally, I feel the new version should be the default and we should provide an easy way to re-enable the old version for those who wish to
continue with what they are use to.

We already have this. The problem, as you say, is

how we communicate this to existing users.

But here's what I don't understand: what, exactly, is so bad about
leaving the old behavior enabled by default. The new behavior is still
available and naive users don't get surprised. What's not to like?