Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing b

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing buffers
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 14:41:32 +0300

On 2018-05-01 10:43 +02, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think this machinery is not necessary.
>
> First add a call to `hack-local-variables-apply' somewhere in
> `org-src--edit-element'.
>
> Then, just use regular file-local variables ,e.g.,
>
>     #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>     (foo)
>     ;; Local Variables:
>     ;; fill-column: 99
>     ;; End:
>     #+end_src

But in my case (which is quite common I think) this would require adding
those local variables sections to each code block.  My Emacs config
alone has upwards of 170 code blocks, which means same three lines
repeated 170 times adding up to extra 510 lines, just for setting one
variable consistently.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp       <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
                         024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC