Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Nick Helm
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 23:57:11 +1200

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 at 23:05:20 +1200, Bastien wrote:

> I may be wrong in thinking disabling this will cause trouble to
> many users.  Let's just take a moment to see what users think.

I vote to drop "<s" and adopt the new mechanism by default. "<s" always
seemed a bit off to me. Convenient, yes, but rather counterintuitive.

And besides, what is org doing in the templating business anyway?
Doesn't this fall into the category of "basic infrastructure that Emacs
should provide to all modes"?