Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing b

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing buffers
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 17:37:25 +0100

2018ko maiatzak 1an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> No, because you can use Noweb syntax wherever you need these local
> variables set:
>
>           <<local-variables>>

This would still require adding something to each source block, which I
think Göktuğ wants to avoid doing.

With respect to the original proposal, I donʼt think itʼs a good idea to
inherit the values from the org buffer.  I can imagine that one might
want to have different values of (e.g.) fill-column in org-mode vs
emacs-lisp-mode.

The approach that should be taken should be to use a header argument to
specify an alist of variables and values to set in src block edit buffers.
Then the usual methods (info "(org) Using header arguments") could be used
to control the feature globally, per-buffer, per-language, per-subtree,
and per-individual source block.

If this isnʼt desired as a core feature I wouldnʼt see an impediment to
having it be part of org-contrib, though it could also be distributed
via (GNU/M)ELPA; it would be Göktuğʼs choice I guess.

Aaron

PS My view is the lexical-binding case is important enough that this
feature should be included in core, and that core should default to
lexical-binding: t in elisp src blocks

--
Aaron Ecay