[O] LOGBOOK note entries in functions

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] LOGBOOK note entries in functions
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 08:41:37 -0700

Hi,

Is it possible to include extra text in a logbook entry from a function
in a way that doesn't open a notes buffer?

I was trying to use org-add-log-setup:

(org-add-log-setup &optional PURPOSE STATE PREV-STATE HOW EXTRA)

but the EXTRA arg is ignored unless HOW is set to 'note as far as I can
tell, and when it set to that, it opens a note buffer to edit the note.
I would like to just directly add the EXTRA text to the logbook
programmatically, without opening the note buffer.

i.e. this would just add the entry to the logbook:

(org-add-log-setup 'done nil nil 'note "extra")

Thanks,

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F