Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 13:53:00 +0000

Hello Thomas,

I forgot to expand a bit on this part..

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:43 AM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:

  I use org-mode for writing these kinds of thing now, and
I'm hoping to work out a way to make my org mode source work with
Hugo.

At minimum you just need the #+hugo_base_dir keyword and EXPORT_FILE_NAME property (if using per-subtree flow). So it should not be too difficult. To get an idea, I made these[1] changes to make the pre-existing use-package Org manual ready for ox-hugo export.

I port some of my pre-existing notes in Org format to my blog as I get time. Here's a recent one..

Org source: https://gitlab.com/kaushalmodi/kaushalmodi.gitlab.io/raw/master/content-org/notes/awk/awk.org

The only lines added to it for exporting (using the per-file flow) using ox-hugo were:

#+hugo_base_dir: ../../../
#+hugo_section: notes
#+hugo_bundle: awk
#+export_file_name: index

#+hugo_categories: unix
#+hugo_tags: awk

And I added this Org Special block supported by ox-hugo:

#+begin_description
Collection of ~awk~ examples.
#+end_description

With that in place, I exported the Markdown file, committed it to my repo, Netlify ran hugo to regenerate my site, and deployed it to https://scripter.co/notes/awk/.