Re: [O] Orgalist notes

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Orgalist notes
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 09:44:07 -0700

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday,  3 May 2018 at 23:45, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Huh! I tried the exact same typing as you've done above, and the third
>>      item wraps into a fourth item. I expect it will be some interaction
>>      with other minor modes. I've got:
>
> I've looked at your modes and mine and:
>
> Yours that I don't have:
>
>     Ace-Pinyin Ace-Pinyin-Global Async-Bytecomp-Package
>     Cl-Old-Struct-Compat Company Company-Flx Dired-Async Global-Company
>     Global-Git-Commit Global-Visible-Mark Helm Helm-Adaptive
>     Magit-Auto-Revert Menu-Bar Projectile Pyim-Isearch Pyvenv
>     Savehist Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Url-Handler Visible-Mark
>
> Mine:
>
>     Auto-Dictionary Beacon Column-Number Display-Line-Numbers Evil
>     Evil-Local Flx-Ido Global-Aggressive-Indent Global-Auto-Revert
>     Global-Undo-Tree Hl-Line Ido-Everywhere Minibuffer-Line
>     Override-Global Pabbrev Save-Place Transient-Mark Undo-Tree
>     Which-Key
>
> The only one that jumps out immediately is that I have
> Global-Aggressive-Indent and you don't.  And I use evil-mode but I don't
> think that should matter and insert mode is almost (although not quite)
> equivalent to normal emacs state.

- I installed global-aggressive-indent, but haven't turned it on yet.
  Just typing normally. Oh damn, it didn't do it this time. Well that's
  pretty weird.

Now a regular paragraph, still without having turned aggressive
    indent on. There's the weird indentation again. Now M-x
    global-aggressive-indent-mode.

- Here's the trick with the list items again, I should have just reduced
  fill-column to make this experiment less painful. Nope, now it's
  working correctly.

Well, I guess that's why this is a hard problem.

> It's quite interesting comparing, by the way!  I may have to look at
> some of those minor modes you use.

It was alarming to look at the whole list -- there's stuff in there I
haven't thought about in ages...