Re: [O] Tag completion does not work well with org-complete-tags-always-

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Tag completion does not work well with org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 23:44:29 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> With variable org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags set to
> true, tag completion does not work as I expect.  Specifically, upon
> 'C-c C-q' or 'C-c C-c', it works fine if I enter in the minibuffer
> some letter and then press <TAB>, but not if I just press <TAB>; in
> that case, a colon (:) is inserted in the minibuffer, and another
> colon for each subsequent <TAB>, ad infinitum.  Is this normal?

Could you try again with master branch? Some changes related to tags
happened there recently.

> Incidentally, shouldn't this variable be documented in the manual?
> (Section "6.2 Setting tags" would seem a natural place for that.)  I
> had to resort to internet search...

I don't know specifically about this one, but not all variables can be
documented in the manual, there are too many of them. An alternate way
to find about a variable is to explore Org variables with

  M-x customize-group <RET> org

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou