Re: [O] Bug: ob-python: Lots of IndentationError [9.1.12 (release_9.1.12

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: ob-python: Lots of IndentationError [9.1.12 (release_9.1.12-728-ge8a4f3 @ /Users/xcy/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 17:04:30 +0100

Hi Chunyang,

This bug was introduced by commit 1966d58b2, which “fixed” another
problematic case of indentation.  Because of issues like this, ob-python
has never really worked reliably (in my experience)

The only sensible way I can see to evaluate python code from emacs
without hitting these kinds of errors is to use jupyter (formerly
ipython).  You might try the ob-ipython or ob-ein libraries and see if
they work for you.  (The latter is part of ein, which provides lots of
integration emacs <-> jupyter, and not only for org-babel).  Disclaimer:
I havenʼt used either of these libraries personally, so I donʼt know how
well they will work for you.

--
Aaron Ecay