Re: [O] Localized org-mode

From: ST
Subject: Re: [O] Localized org-mode
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 22:24:33 +0300

> Furthermore, in the context of this thread, Org allows drawers with
> arbitrary names to be defined (e.g. I have :remotes:\n...\n:end: or
> :NEXT:\n...\n:END: in a file), with a couple names like :PROPERTIES: and
> :LOGBOOK: reserved.  This means that you can't reliably know if anybody
> has :PROPRIÉTÉS: or :PROPRIETÀ:, which renders translations impossible.
> Same thing with todo keywords, tags, etc.

1. What about #+TITLE, #+DATE or #+AUTHOR ? What's problem to translate
those?

2. In order to determine reliably what is the language of a particular
document we can introduce #+LANGUAGE which would be English by default.
Others will write #+SPRACHE: Deutsch and then you can use predefined
default mapping of keywords or the local one (overloaded by user) if it
exists in his .emacs.d/org-de-vocabulary.

3. I also prefer English in all my UIs and, for sure, in programming
languages as you, but here I talk about org not as a programming
language but as a _document markup_. Documents that are meant to be
_read as raw source_. There it disturbs, especially if it is a not Latin
letters based language.