Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 14:47:29 -0400

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 2:36 PM Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> wrote:

I wasnʼt thinking about multiparagraph summaries.  But actually, I
realize that your suggestion in response would work with only one small
change to a variable in ox-html.

Yes, the proposal though supports these 2 things specific to details element:

1. Detecting "open" attribute via "#+attr_html: open".
2. Adding a wrapper <p class="details"> tag around the details portion following the <summary> tag. Useful if user wants to set CSS rules for "details .details".

Assuming there are no objections, we could make this tweak to
‘org-html-html5-elements’ in org core.

I don't mind adding that to ox-html. Just that the details disclosure implementation will be /slightly/ incomplete, but still very functional.

  I think “syntactic sugar” like
your original proposal could be implemented as a before-parsing-hook
that transforms the --- into the above syntax.

+1

PS Once upon a time, I created ox-extras in contrib as a home for little
snippets like this hypothetical before-parsing-hook.  It never really
took off, but maybe itʼs just biding its time...

Sure thing :)
--

Kaushal Modi