[O] Babel - :export-dir and :file-ext arguments cause all blocks to emit

From: Alex Fenton
Subject: [O] Babel - :export-dir and :file-ext arguments cause all blocks to emit files
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 23:50:30 +0200

Hi,

As far I understand it, :output-dir and :file-ext that were intended to be used in the global document header, applying to all blocks.

However, it seems to mean that all blocks regardless of their :results args then emit a file, and put their output as a [file:] link. It's not clear from the docs why this happens.

Am I missing something, or does this mean that these arguments are useless unless a document happens only to emit graphics from blocks? At the moment, the blocks (R, as it happens) are meant to sometimes emit scalars, sometimes literal latex, sometimes tables to be formatted by orgs, and sometimes graphics. But all the non-graphics are at the moment being stuffed into (non-working) PDF files.

Following a discussion and suggested, but not-working solution at: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/41618/org-modes-output-dir-and-file-ext-arguments-cause-all-output-to-be-saved-to

Thanks

alex