Re: [O] Babel - :export-dir and :file-ext arguments cause all blocks to

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Babel - :export-dir and :file-ext arguments cause all blocks to emit files
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 17:40:10 +0100

Hi Alex,

2018ko maiatzak 25an, Alex Fenton-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> Now I understand how it was intended (a shortcut for people who are
> scrupulous about using #+NAME) it makes sense.

Iʼve pushed commit 1643f70d3 to master which documents this behavior.

> I was thinking it was meant as an easy way to switch globally between
> different formats (sometimes I want PDF for ease, sometimes I want
> Tikz for publication-quality, sometimes I want SVG for online etc.).

I agree it would be nice.  You can have executable elisp in header
arguments, so it is possible to do something like this (though ugly,
since the same snippet has to be duplicated across every src block).

One example of what I mean is at
<https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-LaTeX.html>;
search for “by-backend” in the page.

[...]

> You (all) are a better judge of what is a reasonable non-back-compatible
> change.

Iʼm inclined not to make the change now, but (hopefully remember to)
revisit it when Org 10 is imminent.

Thanks for raising the issue,

--
Aaron Ecay