Re: [O] unable to edit indirect-buffer in fundamental mode without losin

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] unable to edit indirect-buffer in fundamental mode without losing pretty printing in base buffer org mode
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 21:37:11 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

2018ko maiatzak 27an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> Also, we are in feature freeze for Org 9.2, so this would need, in any
> case, to wait for the release.
>
> As a consequence, would you mind reverting the patches related to this
> feature?

Of course, done in c32938b7f.  I did not realize how the freeze for 9.2
was working.

> However, your fix is not great at all. It was discussed on this ML,
> about square brackets in links: it causes "jumpings" during editing,
> which some users, including me, find annoying. Even if it was optional,
> it would need to be discussed beforehand.

I must have missed that discussion.  I would say that the “jump” in
this case is only three characters, whereas for links it is much more
(as the whole link becomes un- and re-hidden).  I would not like links
to work this way, but for foo-scripts I found it to be quite natural in
my testing.  So I hope that we can discuss it (as an optional feature,
certainly) once 9.2 is out.

--
Aaron Ecay