Re: [O] running a source code by name

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] running a source code by name
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 13:16:35 -0700

Here is yet another variation, that may be suitable for what you want:

#+name: myPyCode
#+BEGIN_SRC python
print('Hello')
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var results=myPyCode
results
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Berry, Charles <address@hidden> wrote:

> On May 28, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 28 May 2018 at 11:13, Julian M. Burgos wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have an org file with an R source code block.  I want to have a second
>> code block with an elisp call to run that first code.  Something like this
>>

>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent :tangle no
>>
>> ... Some elisp code to run the "myRcode" block.
>
> Something along the lines of:
>
>    (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "myRcode")
>    (org-babel-execute-src-block)
>
> should do the job?

Maybe wrap it in

        (save-excursion ... )