Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:17:03 +0200

On Tuesday, 12 Jun 2018 at 12:23, Gerald Wildgruber wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks for the input: indeed, I always use at least five windows (on a
> 40" display), as this setup displays simultanously almost 60Kb of text,
> an entire papaer, which is excellent!

That's a lot of text so maybe it's really not surprising maybe that
there is a lag.  What happens if you edit the same file in text-mode?

> Elsewise: do you see any reason or issue with both modes enabled that
> could lead to such behavior: it would seem that emacs tries to
> calculate something with every new keystroke, that involves all text
> before point.

Maybe font-lock and org-indent may impact on this?

I also find that the presence of tables often slows org down although
it's difficult to quantify the actual impact.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 25.2.2, Org release_9.1.13-791-g842002