Re: [O] Painfully Slow Export

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Painfully Slow Export
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:32:46 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:12 AM Berry, Charles <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2018, at 2:30 PM, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Based on the profiling, I think the reason it takes 1 minute is because the code blocks use <<noweb>> blocks?

I do not see this.

It takes a bit longer to run the noweb example you gave with 200 `baz' src blocks, but nothing crazy - like 10 seconds versus 5 for your other example. I used `C-c C-e l L' for each.

And the profiler gives `org-babel-expand-noweb-references' about 2% of the total.

You are using a recent version of org, right?

Yes: 9.1.13-elpa or org-20180604.
Emacs-mac 26.1 port on OSX from Macports.
Or Emacs 25.3 downloaded from https://emacsformacosx.com/builds

Are you sure you hd 200 baz blocks? I'm not actually able to test with that many. 10 takes 1 second. 20 takes 10 seconds. 30 takes 30 seconds. It seems to grow exponentially. I don't have the patience to debug how long 100 takes.

   -k.